Junior Prom: 1950s style

Leave a Comment
STEP 1: NAILS
The night before prom I got almond pointed nails using a light pink shade of  OPI nail polish at Silver Nails Spa. The total cost was $35. The ring is from a local boutique called Style Exchange for $10.

STEP 2: MAKEUP
Hours prior to prom I went to my local MAC counter to get my makeup done. There, they applied MAC Studio Fix Photo Finish Foundation in the shade NC15 and set it with powder. Over that they did a light contour and blush and finished off with  MAC Mineralize powder for a highlight. Then she finished off with false eyelashes, a light pink eye shadow, and light pink lips. It is free to get your makeup done at MAC as long as you buy at least $50 worth of product when you leave. I ended up going home with the foundation and the mineralize powder which I highly recommend.
STEP 3: FIND YOUR PERFECT DRESS
Luckily for me, I stumbled upon a vintage/antique Etsy page named DAISYANDSTELLA. Here I found this beautiful 1950s prom dress for only $178.00. I love love love the fashion of the 1920s and 1950s so this was a dream come true. Not to mention there was only one that were my exact measurments, no alterations needed. It was a little like Cinderella that way. I paired the dress with light pink kitten heels with hot pink polka dots from ASOS.

STEP 5: FIND THE PERFECT DATE
....And no it doesn't have to be a romantic date. I went with my best friend Caroline and with a girl group. Here we are posing for pictures. Caroline is the one in the black dress to the very right.Where I live most prom goers get a prom house for the weekend to stay at with everyone they went with. However, our plans fell through and we ended up going to Dinner with a big group of people and staying at our friend's house with them!  Although our prom plans were loose and not well thought out, we had an awesome time with awesome people and killed it on the dance floor. Also, we wore crowns because why not.



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment